This workshop discusses with Practical Demonstration on everything related to upgrade of Oracle Apps11i to Oracle R12 from DBA Perspective, Participant will be able to create a plan for upgrade to take back and present to their management.
Audience Prerequisite knowledge and skills:
- Sound Oracle Apps DBA Knowledge
- Good Knowledge of Patching
Workshop Lab Environment :
Session Timing : 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
Workshop Duration : 3 Days
- Understand Oracle R12’s technical architecture.
- Know how to evaluate infrastructure, installation, configuration, training, customizations, data conversion, user adoption, support, and hosting, options that accompany an Oracle R12 Upgrade
- Plan resources, approaches, durations, reporting, etc.
- Oracle Best Practice Approaches to Upgrade R12
- Why Upgrade to R12?
- Oracle Applications Release 12 architecture
- High-level Technical planning for your new environment
- Functional planning for your new environment
- Oracle R12’s multi-organization feature
- Discussing selected New Features in Oracle Release 12
Planning for the Oracle R12 upgrade:
- Discuss on type of Skill sets required for R12Upgrade .
- Supporting an Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 environment during & after go live
- Predicting the duration of an R12 upgrade.
Oracle R12 Upgrade Best Practices
- Understanding the different ways to approach an Oracle R12 upgrade, re-implement, patching or reinstalling?
- Advantages, tricks, key success factors tied to each option
- Pre-Upgrade Tasks
- Perform Upgrade Activities
- Post-Upgrade Tasks
- Changelles Faced
- Lessons learned from successful Oracle R12 Upgrade.