Duration: 3 Days
This course provides an introduction to the concepts of Oracle Endeca Information Discovery data exploration and ingest, as well as hands-on development of an Oracle Endeca Information Discovery sample business application using Integrator and Studio.
- Ingest data into Endeca Server using Integrator.
- Join data using Integrator.
- Configure data using Integrator.
- Create a discovery application using Studio.
- Work with the Oracle Endeca Information Discovery sample business application.
- Create search interfaces.
- Create and edit attribute groups to enhance Guided Navigation.
- Create precedence rules to enhance Guided Navigation.
- Create and use Views to configure data visualization components in Studio.
- Application Developers
- Business Analysts
- Familiarity with search and navigation concepts
- Windows OS experience
- Manipulate data in an Integrator graph
- Access Studio components, add them to a sample application and configure various settings in them
- Configure Guided Navigation
- Configure and enhance search through features such as search interfaces
- Understand the aspects of data modeling using Oracle Endeca Information Discovery
- Create enhanced visualizations by writing a variety of Endeca Query Language (EQL) statements in Studio
- Create views in View Manager to use to configure chart, pivot table and results table components in Studio
- Load data and configuration using Integrator
Oracle Endeca Information Discovery Core Concepts
- Introduction to Oracle Endeca Information Discovery
- Data Ingest
- Capabilities: Overview
- Studio: Overview
- Data Exploration in an Oracle Endeca Information Discovery Application
Basic Data Design
- Project Basics with Oracle Endeca Information Discovery
- Working with Studio
- Data Modeling and Joining Data
Search and Navigation Configuration Enhancements
- Introduction to Search
- Enhancing Navigation
- Data Ingest and Modeling: Overview
- Text Enrichment in Oracle Endeca Information Discovery
- Oracle Endeca Information Discovery Deployment Features
Configuring Enhanced Visualizations
- Introduction to the Endeca Query Language
- Creating and Using Views
Next Steps for Enablement