Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB) is an ETL tool produced by Oracle that offers a graphical environment to build, manage and maintain data integration processes in business intelligence systems.
Oracle Warehouse Builder is a business intelligence tool that provides an integrated solution for designing and deploying enterprise data warehouses, data marts, and business intelligence applications. It solves the complex problem of data integration between dispersed data sources and targets. In addition, Warehouse Builder provides all the necessary functionality to maintain the life cycle of the system you develop.
The primary use for OWB is consolidation of heterogeneous data sources in data warehousing and data integration from legacy systems. Further it offers capabilities for relational, dimensional and metadata data modelling, data profiling, data cleansing and data auditing. Whereas the core functionality is part of the Oracle database since version 10gR2, some of the latter features are sold separately as options. OWB uses a variant of Tcl over Java and PL/SQL called OMB+.
Warehouse Builder offers the following benefits for data integration and business intelligence system deployment:
- Rapid Design: Warehouse Builder reduces the design time by providing easy to use visual editors, wizard-driven user interfaces, and a library of predefined transformations.
- Centralized Design: All information about the design of the system is stored and managed in one central place, the Warehouse Builder design repository. This is a single source of the entire design and eliminates the extra cost of inconsistencies caused by reducing duplication of metadata.
- Reduce Time to Incorporate Changes: Advanced Life Cycle management features based on the single repository enable a smooth maintenance process.
- Error-Free Code: Because it is generated from a design stored in one place, the code is not only error-free, but also easy to re-create, upgrade, and maintain.
- Leverage Technology Investments: By using the Oracle database as both a transformation engine and storage facility, Warehouse Builder leverages Oracle scalability, performance, security and high availability.
- Well engineered, comprehensive set of service programs tailored to fit your needs
- Immediate and simplified access to our Support Centres around the globe
- Consistent and reliable support processes that you can expect every time and in each location
- Rapid turnaround on critical issues and delivery of fixes to ensure your project is on time, every time
- Rigorous Business requirements gathering and analysis involving end-users
- Dimensional modelling
- ETL architecture and development
- Data Integration and reconciliation
- Data Quality and meta data management
- Data Mart Development
- Deployment and change management
- Maintenance, Operation, and Support
** Request a free consultation with IT Strategists to find out more about how your company can get started with a Oracle Warehouse Builder service with proven results.