Emergency Requisitions @iProcurement and Auto Create Function
Objective of this document is to understand the types of requisitions available in oracle iProcurement and see how these requisition handled by Oracle Purchasing for creation of Purchase Order through Auto creates function.
Types of Requisitions in Oracle iProcurement
If you have Oracle iProcurement installed, note that, in addition to standard purchase requisitions, iProcurement requisitions include emergency requisitions and requisitions that use a procurement card for the purchase. You can use the PO Create Documents workflow or Auto Create to create documents from iProcurement requisitions.
An emergency requisitions are created in Oracle iProcurement only, if requesters order from a supplier directly. Emergency requisitions have a purchase order number reserved and can see after submit of requisition. It is only possible if the item details contain Supplier and Supplier site.
After the emergency requisition is entered in iProcurement, the PO Create Documents workflow creates a standard purchase order from the approved requisition lines automatically, if you use the workflow. If you don’t, you can use Auto Create functionality.
Procurement Card Requisitions
Requisition lines that use a Procurement credit card for the purchase are created in iProcurement only.
After a procurement card requisition is entered in iProcurement, the PO Create Documents workflows creates a standard purchase order or create releases from the approved requisition lines automatically, if you use the workflow. If you do not use workflow, you can use Auto Create functionality.
Here I would like to discuss about the general features of Auto-Create functionality available in Oracle Purchasing
Purchasing provides automatic document creation capabilities. Buyers can quickly create standard purchase orders, planned purchase orders, blanket releases, RFQs, and Oracle Sourcing negotiations from any available purchase requisition lines. The purchase requisition lines can be for predefined items or one-time items as well as outside processing items. Auto creating documents can be as simple as selecting requisition lines and adding a supplier-and Purchasing do the rest of task.
Auto Create provides you the features which satisfy your automatic document creation needs. Some like follows:
- With minimum efforts, you can ADD lines or CREATE new standard purchase orders, planned purchase orders, blanket releases, RFQs, quotations.
- If Oracle Sourcing is enabled, will create Auctions or sourcing RFQs.
- Review all approved requisition lines before placing specific requisition lines on a Purchase order or RFQ.
- Collect all possible requisition lines that meet criteria that you establish.
- Consolidate multiple similar requisition lines into single purchase order lines
- Review or change your purchase orders, quotations, or RFQs immediately after creation
- Use document security to control whether buyers can add to certain document types
- Specify foreign currency details during auto creation.