Oracle eBusiness techno-functional professional
Some Workflow snippets for the-
“Oracle eBusiness techno-functional professional”
You may be curios to know the various methods to launch a Workflow Process. These are :
1. Developer studio in a test environment and submit all attributes.
2. Setting the workflow process parameter in Application Function Definition.
3. Subscription to a business event whose action is to launch a workflow process.
4. API’s can be used to launch a workflow from the applications.
- WF_ENGINE.Create Process
- WF_ENGINE.Set Item Attribute to set the item attributes
- WF_ENGINE. Start Process
For the techno-functional consultants if you need to troubleshoot Approval related problems,
Check Dynamic Approvals definitions in the workflow definition or
Check the AME rules defined for the workflow process.
Customizing a Workflow
During eBusiness Applications implementations we may need to customize certain workflows to suit the business requirements. In this process we need to refer to the user guide of the module to ascertain if modifications to workflow are supported for the module. We can then download the required workflow definition file from the Database using Workflow Builder or the workflow utility WFLOAD.
Modifications to existing workflow definitions are dependent on the settings of Customization(C), Access (A) and Protection (P) levels set.
To be able to Customize any object of a workflow the access levels of the object should be as follows: Customization(C) < Access (A) < Protection (P).
If C>A>P then customization is not allowed.
Uploading modified Workflow definitions
Workflow definitions can be uploaded to the database using workflow builder or the workflow utility WFLOAD.
WFLOAD utility can be used in the following modes :
1. In UPGRADE mode C<A<P rule is followed for overwriting the existing workflow definition files.
2. In UPLOAD it only A<P rule is followed before overwriting files.
3. In FORCE no rule is followed and the existing workflow definition is